30 August 2006

V'chal Maasecha B'sefer Nichtavim - Part 2



And all your deeds, in a book, are recorded.

Indeed.

A while back I noticed something in GMail. I guess it must be part of the signup agreement.

Alongside every Email that I open, is a personalized advertisement that depends on the content of the Email.

When I get Email from Lakewood Yid, the advertisements are from places like Eichlers Seforim store. Email from other Skeptics are accompanied by ads from Talit manufacturers and Egalitarian synagogues.


Big Brother is really watching over your shoulder.

  • ===> Use Haloscan: |
  • Do NOT enter new comments here 5 comments Do NOT use.

    5 Comments:

    At August 31, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

    Be afraid. Be very afraid, lol.

     
    At August 31, 2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    Frumg, afraid of man or afraid of God? :)

    I am quite concerned about privacy but I also don't want others burned, so I post these privacy issues.

    Btw, you've got a Gorgeous web site. You're in my bloglines.

    Saw my first post about anonymity on the web? You do have your Sitemeter configured as private. That's good. But I'm hesitant to comment because of your moniker "Frumg". I have no gripe about Frum, just I must protect my privacy. Maybe one day.

    I am quite concerned, because I do relate a lot of sensitive info.

    Saw Ventor's post? Does anyone know what it means?

     
    At August 31, 2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    IC, of course I understood the technology that they scan the Emails, but are you sure there's no profiling that kept in a database? I.E. Baalhabos, whoever he is, might have a profile associated with him?

    For example, when I log onto Amazon, they remind me what kind of books I'm interested in. They definitely keep a database.

    BTW, did you see my "comment" that I owed you -

    http://baalhabos.blogspot.com/2006/08/private-orthoprax-continued.html

     
    At August 31, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    OK, I'm sold!

     
    At September 02, 2006 10:37 PM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

    I meant by Big Brother and I was just teasing. While anyone can get paranoid over the usual conspiracy theories, its not worth the time spent worrying. OF course we should fear G-d that goes without saying.

    Thank you so much for the compliment. I'm not sure why you wont comment but thats ok. It would be a hige honor and pleasure for me if you should decide to change your mind!

    As for the LakeVent - who knows. I will check out your post about anonimity asap.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home