25 March 2007

I know the Truth - Redux

Warning - Kol Isha alert and in general this is a post for skeptics.


I wanted to do this for the longest time and it's now or never.

This is a repeat of a post which generated lots of comments at the time. I've added a link now, so with it, the lyrics might have more impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4psHj4j0P7c

The quality is not great, but I think this is recorded on Broadway.

The lyrics are of a haunting song in AIDA. It is sung by an Egyptian princess who recognizes that she wasted her life and is looking for unrequited love. Maybe it has to grow on you, but it's one of the most beautiful broadway songs I've ever heard.

These lyrics comes very close to expressing some of my deepest emotions through all of this. In my next post I'll try to depict a portrait of - never mind, you'll see in my next post.




Lyrics only slightly modifed(highlighted) by yours truly to fit the situation.

How did I come to this?
How did I slip and fall?
How did I throw half a lifetime away
Without any thought at all?

This should have been my time
It's over, it never began
I closed my eyes to so much for so long
and I no longer can
I try to blame it on Taiveh
Some kind of shift in my heart
But I know the truth and it haunts me It’s grown a little too clear
I know the truth and it mocks me
I know the truth and it shocks me
It's grown a little too clear

Why do I want it still?
Why, when there's nothing there?
How to go on with the rest of my life
To pretend that I care
This should've been my life

It's over-It never began
I closed my eyes to so much for so
long and I no longer can

I try to blame it on Taiveh
Some kind of twist in my fate
But I know the truth and it haunts me
I learned it a little too late

Oh, I know the truth and it mocks me
I know the truth and it shocks me
I learned it a little too late - Too late

  • ===> Use Haloscan: |
  • Do NOT enter new comments here 0 comments Do NOT use.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home