14 July 2006

Brief quiz.

I hope you all had a good fast. (I did too).

Lets see if you've been paying attention.


What do you think it was it that caused me to see things in a different light?

A) I was not scholastically accomplished as a child and was not provided with a proper tutor.
This would be the theory proposed by Faranak Margolese in 'Off The Derech'.

B) I was sexually abused by my Camp Counselor or Rebbe.
This would be the belief of Unorthodox Jew.

C) I was exposed to The Godol Hador of Blogging. This would be postulated by Godol Hador's critics.

D) I could not resist the temptations of my Friends Wive's
throwing themselves at me. (Don't worry, the image is safe even for the Yated Neeman and the Modia). This would be the explanation of Chazal who state "Lo Uvdo Avoda Zarah Ela Lhatir Lahem Arayos".

E) All of the above.

F) None of the above.

In case you don't know, the answer will be published next week. God Willing.

  • ===> Use Haloscan: |
  • Do NOT enter new comments here 8 comments Do NOT use.

    8 Comments:

    At July 14, 2006 8:12 AM, Blogger topshadchan said...

    F

     
    At July 14, 2006 10:00 AM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    Happy, it took me a while to get that. I thought, you mis-posted. I see you scored 100%.

    Shabbat Shalom

     
    At July 14, 2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    Moishela,

    I'll have to think about that one. BTW, I left a comment on your blog. I say be careful and go for it.

     
    At July 14, 2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    Chasib, interesting theory. But "GONG"

    I've done alot more learning in my life than secular reading.

    I see you're using your thinking cap, because you're on the right path though.

     
    At July 14, 2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    I Chasid (has a nice ring to it, like I, Robot),

    It's about even. But I certainly spent way more Time on Jewish subjects, especially counting all time listening to Rabbi's speeches, shiurim, etc.

    I also spend much less time on the "soft subjects" such as Philosophy, Kabbala.

     
    At July 14, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    IC, Less exposure because of less Interest. I'm not into Psychobabble and stuff like that.

    Anyone can say anything and get away with it whether or not there's truth to it. I guess it's because it's all speculation.

    For e.g. When I was younger I was so impressed with Derech Hashem; when I got older, I realized it all sounds good, but no-one really has a clue whether it's true or not. Anyone can create their own "model" of the world and it's relation to the physical, but it's sheer speculation. I stay away from it now.

     
    At July 15, 2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
    At July 17, 2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

    LY, truthfully I'm not looking for debate on the issues you are. See my post on Come with me, little neshamala.

    I'm looking to discuss other issues on this blog.

    But I always welcome any Truthfully, I'm still ambivalent about yours though ;)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home