23 September 2008

Feivel Gump



Recently, on some blog that I can't for the life of me remember, I read where it is claimed that the philosopher Plato (anachronistically) met Yirmiyahu Hanavi. A brief web search indeed shows this to be the case. Of course Plato was very impressed by Yirmiyahu. Similarly, we know from the gemara in Yoma (69A) that Alexander the great bowed down to Shimon Hatzadik.

And recently, I read in the great Yeshiva World how Georgian Premier Vladimir Gurgenidze called upon Rav Shteinman for a Brocha for his country.


So I wondered if, with my Ruach Hakokosh (Nevuah), I had what it takes to divine heretofore undisclosed meetings between the great personalities of the Jewish people with the not so greats of the 70 nations that seek to usurp our glory. But alas, my synapses came up short.


Thankfully, a search through Yeshivaworld Internet archives got me the info I was looking for.


Here are the news headlines that I found!





Leonardo da Vinci meets with Rabbi Doctor Azariah ben Moses dei Rossi (Meor Einayim). Rabbi Rossi gives Leonardo da Vinci tips for his studies in the science of anatomy. (YeshivaShtetl.Com May 1515)



Recording studio of Elvis Presley discovered. Previously unheard recordings of Lipa Shmeltzer scattered in the Elvis archives, including "Love Me Shtender, love me Jew" . (Yeshivahock.Com - Jan 8, 2010)




Robert Frost attends poetry reading and book signing tours of Elazar Hakalir. When questioned about it, Robert says, "Without him, I'd have taken the road". (YeshivaOlam.COM - Feb 32, 1492)





Albert Einstein is caught snooping around the Apartment of Rabbi Avrohom Yeshaya Karelitz (Chazon Ish) . Shortly thereafter Einstein publishes his work on the General Theory of Relativity. The Chazon Ish states due to the gravity of the situation, Charges will be pressed. (Yeshiva-City.com - Sept. 1909)




Sir Issac Newton clandestinely visits Eliyahu ben Shlomo Zalman, the Vinla Gaon. A year after conducting a week-long closed door session the Rabbi, Newton publishes his famous Philosophica Naturalis Principia Mathematica. When interviewed, Rabbi Elija cryptically smiled and said Borei Pri Haeitz. (Anachronistically-Yeshiva-bigapple.com - May 1705) .








Amnon Yitzhak meets Mis-nagid* and convinces him to to suspend blogging and attend Yeshiva in Israel (Theyeshivadreams.com - August 2008)










I'm sure there are many more undocumented events. Perhaps you know of some.















* If this doesn't get Mis-nagid back in the game then I give up!




  • ===> Use Haloscan: |
  • Do NOT enter new comments here 0 comments Do NOT use.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home