16 November 2008

Waiter man

This is dedicated to those like me who sit through long Shabbos davenings while their brains are elsewhere.

For those of you who don't know how to "Zets" the words to match the song, I've italicised some.




If you can't figure out what tune this goes with, take your head out of the Gemorah for a bit.

It's right after Mussaf on Shabbos
The BaalHabos looks around for the wine
He races his way through the Kiddush
Gevald, this drink tastes so fine

He says, son, can you serve me some Kugel
I don't really care if it's hot
Cause its better than davning and sitting some more
So give me whatever you've got.

La la la, de de da
La la, de de da da da

Chorus:





Get us some schnops, you're the waiter
Get us some Kugel and fish
Well, were all in the mood for a niggun
It feels just like I'm at a Tish.


Baalhabos in the Shul is the Gabbai *
He gets me Maftir or Shlishi
And he's quick with a vort right Uffen Ort
But there's someplace that he'd rather be


He says, Yus, I believe this is killing me.
As the smile ran away from his face
Well I'm sure that I could be a Doctor
If I could get out of this place

Oh, la la la, de de da
La la, de de da da da

Now Moishe is a whiz with Gemotriah
He's looking around for a wife
And he's talkin with Yoel who's sitting in Kolel
And probably will be for life

And the Rav is reciting some Toireh
As the oilam slowly get stoned
Yes, they're sharing a Vort they call loneliness
But its better than being alone

Chorus

Its a pretty good crowd for a Shabbos
And the Rav, he gives me a smile
cause he knows I'm a treat, they're just coming to eat
To forget about him for a while

And the chulent, it smells so delicious
And the Kugel goes down with the beer
They eat up the food and they drink up the Shnops
And ask, how, do I get out of here

Oh, la la la, de de da
La la, de de da da da

Chorus

*No, No, I'm not the Gabbai. Or maybe I am. It doesn't make a difference, It just fit in the song. So don't go around eyeing your gabbai with suspicion.

  • ===> Use Haloscan: |
  • Do NOT enter new comments here 0 comments Do NOT use.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home